Leaves are like miniature food production facilities fueled by the sun. These organisms generate their own food through a process known as photosynthesis. They generate glucose and oxygen by utilizing nothing but water, carbon dioxide, and the energy from the sun.
Why are plants called food factories?
- Plants are sometimes referred to as factories because of their ability to make their own sustenance from carbon dioxide and water in the presence of sunshine and chlorophyll, a green pigment that absorbs light energy.
- Therefore, the presence of an abundance of chlorophyll in leaves is what causes them to function as food manufacturers.
- Why are manufacturing facilities referred to as ″plants″?
Which part of the plant produces food for the plant?
Through the act of photosynthesis, the leaf is the portion of the plant that contributes to the overall nutrition of the plant. Chlorophyll, which is present in the leaf, is responsible for the leaf’s characteristic green hue. Chlorophyll is a pigment in plants that converts carbon dioxide, water, nutrients, and sunshine into sustenance for the plant. Answer confirmed by Toppr
What is the food factory of a plant cell?
- A pigment known as chlorophyll is responsible for carrying out the chemical reactions of photosynthesis, which are necessary for the production of food in plant cells.
- This chlorophyll is found in organelles that have the shape of discs and are termed chloroplasts.
- Chloroplasts are the components of plant cells that are responsible for the production of food.
- It’s possible that people mistake mitochondria with other things, yet mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell.
How is food transported in a plant?
- After the food has been manufactured in the leaf, it is moved to other sections of the plant, such as the stems and roots, where it is used.
- Not true leaves; rather, it is the chloroplasts in leaves that are responsible for the production of food.
- They manufacture food with the assistance of sunshine, water, and chlorophyll, which they not only use for themselves but also share with every other living thing on earth.