- Nigeria signed the Cartagena Protocol in May 2000 and ratified it in July 2003.
- Biosafety law has been enacted in 2015
- 4 implementing measures have been reviewed and are near finalization
- National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) established and exercising its mandate
- DG/CEO of NBMA appointed
- Some staff recruited and trained
- Cotton: environmental release and placing on the market of IR cotton for cultivation and food/feed uses
Maize: field trials of NK 603 (HT) and MON 89034 (IR) x NK 603 (HT) maize in multiple locations